A Pathfinder Modern Campaign setting
LVL 1 (so that a healthy fear of zombies is established)
Class restrictions – No magic! Alchemical and masterwork quality rules still apply but see DM if you have unlimited access to spells/abilities such as “create water”. but i love the druid so….
- Magic items are available but a remnants of old magic. They cost 50% more than normal (no more than this but we’ll just say this for now100% more expensive…on second thought they may be ).
- “A ring of sustenance” is worth several times it’s normal value. It may or may not exist at all but we’ll say that at the very least it’s almost unheard of at this point in the timeline.
- The rogue’s magical trap disarm is still functions. You can expect magical traps and locks as normal, though reference to this magical quality may be referred to as “superior/advanced quality” to give it more of an alchemical explanation.
The idea: Players are in a modern zombie wasteland setting. They are extraordinary zombie hunters; capable of daring and ingenuity in a world almost completely overwhelmed with decay. The PCs are mostly motivated by cool and ridiculous acts of “coolness” and their prizes help them on the rise to becoming movie worthy, zombie slaying idols. This is beyond survival for these people; it’s survival in style!
- ride a coaster in a theme park all the way through
- ride a horse through a major city (bonus points if you spare the horse too)
- cut your way through a hoard with a slashing weapon alone
- sleep overnight in a mall/airport
- sleep overnight in a prison
- Keep a zombie as a pet
- watch a movie in a theater
- find and eat a twinkie. Auto level
- selfie with a hot zombie
Special Zombie qualities (cumulatively acquired/hoard size):
- with +5 zombies lose the “slow” quality as per the “fast zombie” ability
- with +10 zombies, they each gain the “grab” special ability
- with +15 zombies they gain the “latch” special ability on a bite attack as per the weasel ability
+ with +20 zombies, each creature gains the “unliving rage” spell like ability
Special magic items:
- rope trick (30ft)
- web (30ft)
- shield (30ft) can use it as +2 armor that can be worn under armor. destroyed when removed. PC takes an additional -2 to all charisma based checks and ones based on tracking by scent. -3 to weather based effects (instead of the normal -2). Does not stack. 24hr reset by bathing
- Parking lot (desert terrain)
- renegade traps and chases
Other special qualities:
Water pool points. Player begin play with 3 pts. Capacity of water stored cannot exceed ap player’s HD+2. Can be used to bathe (2), drink for a day (1). see starvation rules and “duck tape shield”